LT XLPE Cables
Wires & Cables
LT XLPE CABLES THE SUPERIOR PRODUCT
- LT-XLPE Cables have a higher conductor rating i.e. “90°C as compared 70°C of PVC and hence higher current rating.
- Maximum temperature limit under Short Circuit conditions for LT-XLPE Cables is 250°C as against 160″C for PVC Cables. Hence, LT-XLPE Cables have higher Short Circuit rating.
- LT-XLPE Cables have higher emergency overload capacity than PVC Cables ( upto 60%).
- LT-XLPE Cables have longer life as compared to conventional PVC Cables.
- Tensile Strength for LT-XLPE Cables is 1.9 Kg/mm2 as against 1.25 – 2.5 Kg/mm2 for PVC Cables.
- Elongation (%) in LT-XLPE Cables is 300-500 as compared to 200-400 in PVC Cables.
- LT-XLPE Cables have high corrosion resistance in polluted atmosphere as compared to PVC Cables.
- LT-XLPE Cables have better properties of resistance to chemical and corrosive gases.
- LT-XLPE Cables have better properties to withstand vibrations, hot impacts.
- Dielectric strength (KV/mm) for LT-XLPE Cables is 40-50 as compared to 20-35 for PVC Cables.
- The moisture resistance of LT-XLPE Cables is nearly 100 times that of PVC.
- LT-XLPE Cables have low Installation cost because of light weight, dimensions and are far more flexible.
- Insulation resistance of LT-XLPE Cables is very high as compared to PVC (as high as 1000 times).
- LT-XLPE Cables are ideal for transmission and distribution of power.
- Jointing of LT-XLPE Cables is easier and quicker.
- Low temperature Brittleness Degree 0C for LT-J XLPE Cables is-90 against-15 for PVC Cables.
OVERALL DIAMETER AND CURRENT RATINGS (IN GROUND) OF 1.1 KV, 31/2 Core, XLPE / PVC INSULATED, PVC SHEATHED (ARMOURED AND UNARMOURED) CABLES.
|Nominal Area of Conductor||Approximate Overall Diameter (mm)||Current Rating Multicore|
RATING FACTOR FOR VARIATION IN GROUND TEMPERATURE
|GROUND TEMPERATURE(° C)||30||3.5||40||45|
|RATING FACTOR ( XLPE )||1.00||0.94||0.91||087|
|RATING FACTOR ( PVC )||1.00||0.94||0.87||0.79|