HT XLPE Cables / Selection of Cables
Wires & Cables
Selecting the correct type and size of cable for the desired application is very important for any electrical project because the performance of all equipment largely depends upon the performance of cables.
Apart from the technical suitability and conformance the cost of every equipment has become another important aspect. The designers and consultants are constantly focusing on economically viable proposals in selecting the equipment.
Selecting the correct type and size of cable not only ensures the trouble free performance but also optimizes the cost of equipment, installation and other operation as well.
Keeping in view these aspects, we can provide the correct type and size of cable if we get the following information along with the enquiries of the cables:
- System Earthing: solidly earthed OR non-effectively earthed.
- Voltage grade: Rated and maximum system voltage. Permissible voltage drop if to be considered.
- Current Rating: Type and magnitude of current (continuous, cyclic or Fluctuating).
- Fault Current: System fault level OR Short Circuit / Earth Fault Current with Duration In Seconds.
- Conductor: Aluminium OR Copper , number of cores and size.
- Screen: Screened OR unscreened
- Inner Sheath: Taped OR Extruded OR FR/FRLS PVC
- Outer Sheath: Armoured OR Unarmoured. If armoured then flat Strips OR round wires
- Armour: Normal ST – 2 PVC OR FR / FRLS PVC
- Drum Length:Any specific Drum Length with tolerance
- Drum Size:Any limitations on dimensions / weight of drum
- Installation in: In ground OR in air OR in Duct . Whether exposed to direct sunlight.
- Conditions: Type of soil and any other abnormal climatic conditions viz. Chemical / Fire Hazards. Route Length and number of circuits.
TYPICAL FLOWCHART OF CROSSLINKED POLYTHENE INSULATED SCRENED CABLES 3 CORE 6.6 KV, 11KV, 22KV & 33KV